Monday, October 12, 2009

HobbyTown USA Contest & Philadelphia Gaming Expo

The competition at Hobby Town USA on Baltimore Pike, was really nice. Before I get into the details when I first got there, it was about 10 or so models there. All ranging from tanks/boats/planes/cars even a diaorama of like a pasture. Seeing how we was tryin to get down to the Gaming Expo, i told myself I would take pictures when we got back which they told me to get back @ 5. Long story short I got back and everyone already got judged and took there kits and left :-( I won the Adult modeling side and a little girl one the 13 and under with her diaorama which looked niced. Here is a pic of my kit:
Photobucket
You can also take a peek of it in my youtube over to the right. It was a nice feeling winning because they had some really nice kits there. I also thought my kit was abit rushed in some areas that I will try to fix up but all in all it came out nice. And you can't deny the hotness of Strike Freedom VS Destiny ^_^ On another note I wanna give a big thanks to Sopheaku for suggesting to put some tissue or paper towel in the wings to keep them up. At first I was like omg thats ghetto but I tried it and well u can see in the pic the wings are up!

So after we went to Hobby Town to drop off the kit, we (me and knowone) headed to the philly game expo. I'm gonna keep this really short, it phailed! lol nah it was cool but im not a big game buyer in the sense that I would buy old systems etc they had alot of vintage things and some cool things here or there. They had a free open arcade where I played some MvC2 and some different events I wasn't that interested in. I did see a pair of Spidey Air Force ones I wanted but I wasn't exactly big spender this time, plus im saving for Zenkaikon who was there and im so mad I didn't have 20 buks to buy my ticket :-( It was a nice thing to go to with 15 bucks to get in for 1 day but I definitely wouldn't have gone more than just 1 day. If your in philly when they come again check it out but don't expect it to be the best thing in the world. After checking that out we hit china town and was surprised that we couldnt find any gundams or anything anime related there :-( I found some knock off SD kits but they werent worth it.
Well here is some more random pictures and dont' forget to hitup my youtube page!
Photobucket
knock off yugioh toy
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sweet Sneaker Shop posing as a chinese store I give mad props to them for creatviity <- bad spelling
Photobucket
Kitt @ the gaming exp
Photobucket
Spidey and Goblin Model kits @ hobby town if anything I think ill buy the iron man version its like 30 bucks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment